Now I'm just sharing how I made the heart ones on the right I came up with to match the project I had going on - you can go crazy with the decorations, pretty much anything will look great on these doll cookies. Don't get stressed out if you don't have exactly what I used below, just find something else that works.
This red one below I used an oval shape instead, just use whatever kind of shapes and decorations you have on hand.
The not really a baby anymore work up early and no time to finish this one, was piping with a two year old hanging off me, but I think it looked ok as is. The eyes are black fondant instead of edible pen.
oh and they were inspired by some lovely pics I saw on Flickr from Three Honeybees.
More after jump
Cookie cutters were purchased here http://www.biskart.com.au/misc/babushka-doll-set-3-cookie-cutters.html
Cookie recipe is the same one I used here Cookie Recipe
Babushka Cookie cutter same size as cookie I used the large size here 11.5cm long
Wilton #235 tip (diameter 3cm)
Flower cookie cutters and or heart cookie cutters various sizes (I used large heart 8cm at widest point and flower 6 cm at widest point)
Small heart cutter/ejector set
small fondant rolling pin
Wilton #2 tip
Ready Rolled Fondant or Marshmallow Fondant
Skintone food colour
Wilton Rose food colour
pink edible dusting powder
Black food pen
Red food pen
1. Colour a small amount of fondant skintone colour and the remainder dark and light pink.
2. Roll out dark pink fondant and using the Babushka cutter cut out a full size shape. Repeat with light pink.
3. Lay the 2 different colour fondant cutouts on top of each other and using the large heart cutter cut through both layers in a shape that represents the babushka shawl, make sure you don't cut off any bits of the head.. A large flower cutter can also be used at this stage.
4. Carefully separate the layers and cut a round shape using the end of the Wilton #235 tip representing the face out of the top sections of the fondant shapes. Do not discard these rounds yet
5. Roll out the flesh colour fondant and cut a round shape using the end of the Wilton #235 tip.
6. Using a clean foodsafe brush, brush a little water onto the cooked and cooled cookie. You may also use edible glue.
7. Carefully place the fondant onto the cookie shape as per the picture and then using the small rolling pin gently roll over the top of the fondant to adhere it to the cookie and reduce any spaces between the different fondants.
8. Cut 'hair' from the dark and light pink rounds you saved at step 4 using the 6cm flower cutter slightly off center to create a side part. Adhere to face with a tiny amount of water.
9. Roll out fondant as thin as possible and cut out hearts using the small ejector and arrange on the body of the babushka doll.
10. Using a foodsafe brush, dust cheeks with edible dusting powder. Draw on eyes and mouth using the edible pens.