Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's OUT - Sweets on a Stick available to buy I think

       Boston Cream Pie Pops page 135

It's out!!!!

People have told me they have received copies they pre ordered of my book Sweets on a Stick, so although some online shops are saying not released yet I'm gonna have to consider my book sorta-released.

Safari Mask Cookie page 104

It's very exciting to see the actual book. It was a lot of work for me and also for my family and friends who put up with me for many months while I was testing, writing, retesting and rewriting recipes and instructions for the book.

Cowboy Hat Cookie Pops page 94

I was thinking about writing a post about how the book actually came about so if you are interested let me know, for today I'll just do a short interview with myself:

 Dino Stomp Cookies page 83

Favorite part of writing Sweets on a Stick:

Creating the recipes and ideas

Least favorite part of creating Sweets on a Stick:

writing 150+ introductions to the recipes, yes now my total dorkiness is out there in print for perpetuity for all to see.

Favorite recipe

Oh yay this is so not like having kids - I totally had a favorite, the monster cake pops where I came up with a new technique to make the open mouth.

 Big Mouth Monster Pops page 28
Favorite perk

Getting to thank my mum and dad and other people who have inspired and helped me in actual print. Really come to think of it I should thank everyone I love more often.

Special thanks to everyone who helped me during the development of this book especially Andrea at Adams Media without you the book would not exist.

Sticky Cinnamon Roll Sticks page 118

and thank you, yes YOU for reading my blog, because without your readership, comments and encouragement none of this would exist.


Coconut Ice Cake Pops page 20

Anyway and I always feel like some annoying infomercial when I do this but here are a couple of places online you can pick up my book. If your in the US it should be arriving in books stores soon.

Amazon have it of course:



Or the book depository UK (Click HERE)

Or here at fishpond (Aus/NZ)

Sweets on a Stick: More Than 150 Kid-Friendly Recipes for Cakes, Candies, Cookies, and Pies on the Go!

Sweets on a Stick is a kid friendly recipe book. The cakes and other treat recipes have been created with kids in mind so they are mostly easy mix and all the treats are on a stick. However they are suitable for all ages and can be made without sticks if you choose.

The photos in the book were taken by Terri Vandermeer, the above dark and off center photos were taken by me with my new camera that I can't work and have lost the instructions for.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How exciting for you! This is a book I must add to my collection - it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got notice mine is coming 3 weeks early. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How super exciting!!Loving the look of those dino stomp cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the look of the book and especially love the coconut ice cake pops! Yum!

    Congratulations on the book, can't wait to have my own copy.

    ______________________________________________________________
    We're in Perth! See our fabulous range of cake decorating tools and equipment at [URL="http://www.daisycakeart.com.au"]www.daisycakeart.com.au[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.daisycakeart.com.au"][IMG]http://daisycakeart.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/daisylogo_v21.png[/IMG][/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So exciting :) just bought it!

    ReplyDelete