Sunday, April 29, 2012

Oh Sweet Mum - A rustic pie buffet party table



I love my mum.

Without a doubt she has been the hugest female influence in my life. She taught me to cook, to love and to be the best I can be, she made me who I am and if my own children end up loving and respecting me as much as I do my own mother...then I'll be pretty happy and call my time here a success.


So when Jacki from Blissfully Sweet asked if I would like to be involved in an E-vent being organised in memory of her own mother I was honored to participate.

When I signed on I had no idea how gorgeous the Oh-Sweet Mum E-vent would be. Jacki co-ordinated a group of super talented stylists, artists, florists, florists, cake decorators and more from within Australia and around the world to come up with a day of amazing events.

I would highly recommend that you CLICK HERE to read the E-Magazine that was created to showcase the E-vent. It includes so many beautiful images, information about the contributors, recipes and diy ideas including my recipe for Caramel Slice.

Want caramel slice to rival these babies
....click over to the E-zine it includes my recipe

Anyway......my mission (if I chose to accept it) was to create a Pie, Tart and Slice E-vent and I decided the best way would be a dessert buffet.


That little Mission Impossible pun is due to the fact that Pies are not really my thing.

But I think I met the challenge and came up with a rustic inspired pie and slice table with my own Bubble and Sweet spin. Although there are a couple of traditional pies on display I have included 'Pie' Macarons, Whoopie Pies, Pie Pops and pretty little Chiffon Pumpkin verrines with mini macarons and pecan pie crust bites.

I'm pretty happy with the end result which I'm going to admit is only this good due to the contributions of Naomi V Photography and Ah-Tissue.




With the original concept of the Oh Sweet Mum E-vent in mind and in the interests of women's health, I am going to donate a dollar for every comment on this pie table post up to $100 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  (I know that there are many other important aspects of women's health and other great organisations I have just chosen this one this time).

Also as a mother to 3 young children myself I know that sometimes my own health takes a back seat to everything else going on. But regardless of what is happening I do make sure I always keep any of my regular doctor's check up appointments and I try to remember to keep up my own self-examination routine. Please if you take anything from this post today I hope that it how important you are to your friends and family and that you should look after your health.... and the same applies to all you men out there as well :)

OK now that I've got off my soap-box, back to the yummy treats:



Rustic Pie and Party Table menu included:

Sky High Apple Pie
Rustic Cherry Pie


Pumpkin Chiffon Pie with mini chocolate macarons and pecan piecrust bites


Pie Pops (recipes from Sweets on a Stick)
Peanut Butter Boston Cream Pie


Rustic Chocolate Pecan Pie


 Chocolate Cream Mousse Pie with mini chocolate macarons and Hazelnut Tart Shell



Whoopie Pies


Assorted Slices (Rocky Road (recipe from Sweets on a Stick), Mum's Sweet Caramel Slice and Cheesecake Slice)


 Chocolate chunk fudge brownie Slab; and


 Apple Pie macarons



The table theme was inspired by the chocolates and caramels in the treats with some gold and teal highlights.


Ah-Tissue created an amazing display of paper and hessian wall pom poms which I can only describe as wall art.

The gorgeous photography is by Naomi V Photography. and the photo's are taken at her studio

(This was my favorite photo of the day - apart from the girls of course - 
I think because they were my favorite treat - super yum)


Printables are by Style Me Gorgeous.


The dresses and hair pieces that Bubble and Sweet are wearing are Tea Princess purchased from Tea Princess and Vintage Ladybird.


Recipes for the Pie Pops, Boston Cream Pies and the Rocky Road are from Sweets on a Stick




Sweets on a Stick 0ver 150 Kid Friendly Recipes available from Amazon and Fishpond 
(and lots of other places too)

Sweets on a Stick: More Than 150 Kid-Friendly Recipes for Cakes, Candies, Cookies, and Pies on the Go!

14 comments:

  1. *sigh* I want to hire you!!! LOL!! I LOVE every single yummy scrummy thing you made for this!!! I admire YOUR mum for inspiring you and I thank YOU for sharing your talent.... now ... just need to get you to be available for party catering hire ;) also as always Ah-Tissue and Naomi V haven't disappointed either - what a group of talented ladies! LOVE IT ALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's posts like this that make me wish I could climb through the computer screen and into this party - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ciao dall'Italia! il tuo blog è molto bello, complimenti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing! I want to make all of it now!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so beautiful (and YUMMY!) - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are not enough words to describe how much I love this table! Everything looks delicious and the styling is simply devine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredibly beautiful, the color combo is perfect as is your little cake serving cookie eatings dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I can't eat pictures....your creations are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so rad! I cant even pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! And, judging by the looks of it, absolutely yummo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi - is there any chance you could let me know where you got the plastic cups for the mousse? I have been searching for them everywhere. Your tables are amazing byt the way!

    Kitty :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing array of sweets! Love all the photos, including your cute girls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW!!! everything is beautiful and yummy, you are such talented. Please, is there any chance that you could let me know where can I get the recipe for the "Chocolate Cream Mousse Pie with mini chocolate macarons and Hazelnut Tart Shell"?. I sure will appreciate that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello!

    For the ' Chocolate peanut layer extravaganza cake ' do you think it will be ok if I use CRUNCHY peanut butter for the frosting instead of smooth? Would it still look nice? I accidentally bought the crunchy and this is for a subject at school! Please reply, thank you!

    ReplyDelete