Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cherry spice cupcake recipe

(Tins and bowls Greengate from Simply Sweet Home)

So I love cake, I mean we all love cake don't we, but I usually love it even more when my cake is pretty and tastes good too.

I guess I'm kinda a bit shallow as I will nearly always go for the prettied up version given a choice.

Sophie Vintage bowl CLICK HERE

Which brings me to these cupcakes in the pictures.

I'm going to have to be honest and tell you, I preferred these cupcakes plain without frosting.

I know, I know my shallow facade is crumbling faster than I can polish off a cookie.

Red Coco Red tin shaker (used as cutlery holder) CLICK HERE

I guess in the end it's what's inside that counts to me.

But the good news is that if you bake these cupcakes in gorgeous little bowls like I did, they will look pretty with just a sprinkle of powdered/icing sugar and a few fresh cherries and you can let their natural beauty shine.

Anyhoo, I know I have shared that I adore Greengate stoneware here quite a few times, but seriously. Look at this stuff!

I picked up this latest lot at a new Australian shop Simply Sweet Homes CLICK HERE

Those little bowls are AWESOME they look so delicate, but I use them to bake all the time and then pop them in the dishwasher and they are still as good as new.

Set of 3 tins coco red CLICK HERE

Cherry spice cupcake recipe
Recipe will make 5 medium size bowl cupcakes (3/4 cup capacity) or 12 regular cupcakes. The cupcakes in the picture are decorated with a simple cream cheese frosting.

3/4 cup self raising flour (US 3/4 cup plus 1 rounded Tbsp)
2/3 cup caster sugar (US 2/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp)
140 g (5oz) unsalted butter softened
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs rood temperature
1 cup pitted cherries

Optional to serve
Fresh cream whipped
Cherries
Icing/powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 160 C (fan forced) (320 F). Position rack in center of oven.

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the cherries and mix until well combined and there are no lumps. Fold the cherries into the mixture.

Spoon mixture into bowls or cupcake cases.

Place cupcakes into the oven and cook for approx 24-27 minutes for the bowls or 20-23 min for the regular cupcakes. The cupcakes will be golden when ready and a skewer inserted will come out dry.

Allow to cool.

Serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, fresh cherries and a sprinkle of powdered/icing sugar.

Sophie Vintage mini latte cup CLICK HERE

Linda Vandermeer is a blogger, baker, maker and author of the cookbook ' Sweets on a Stick': More than 150 kid friendly recipes for cakes, candies, cookies and pies on the go!. Published in the US the book is available at most online book stores. 

This post is not sponsored however I am related to the owner of Simply Sweet Homes.

Original Ideas, photography and recipes by Linda Vandermeer do not reuse without permission.  

2 comments: