Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dessert plate on a skewer, macaron, cupcake and cake pops sticks


Found some pics from a couple of months back of some dessert skewers I made for a competition.

I didn't win........I know my mum thought I should have as well, but there are so many talented people around that that's the way the cookie crumbles, and there were some lovely entries with really great styling.

Close up of oreo truffle cookie pop

They did pop my pictures up on the blog so I was happy to see them up there.

These skewers were made from mini cupcakes wrapped in marshmallow ribbon fondant, oreo truffle cookie pops decorated with a fondant daisy and a lemon buttercream macaron.
Cupcake with Vanilla Italian Buttercream wrapped in marshmallow fondant ribbon.

The recipe for the individual portions are mostly already on the blog:

Click here for Macaron with lemon buttercream recipe

Click here for Marshmallow ribbon fondant instructions

Click here for Oreo Truffle Cookie pop recipe

Oh and I did a pink version as well, chocolate buttercake with rose vanilla Italian buttercream topped with a raspberry, raspberry macaron and tim tam truffle cookie pop. Yummo!


and yes I do have some Christmas stuff planned soon, I promise, in fact tomorrow I have the day blocked off for a bit of baking.

Update

here is the link to the contest I entered winner page http://www.pizzazzerie.com/how-tos/cupcake-skewer-contest-winner/

20 comments:

  1. Looks just perfect Linda! Too good to eat - well almost! Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't win with these beams of sunshine. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the pink skewer! looking forward to seeing some christmas goodies, I'm trying to find the time to get started myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I think you should have won too - they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are winners in my book. I love the concept of dessert plate on a skewer. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I need a word to say I'm hungry except that I'm not really hungry but want something sweet like that! :-)
    Would you link to the competition blog so we could see the other entries, hard to imagen something even better than this...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they look gorgeous ..outstanding idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fancy and original!! I agree with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! looks great..fancy and nice combination..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heldin, thanks here is the link to the competition winner page http://www.pizzazzerie.com/how-tos/cupcake-skewer-contest-winner/

    Thanks everyone I was quite proud of them at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these are amazing. What a combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look fabulous! And what a great idea. I've done cupcakes on a skewer before but three in one is genius. Sorry you didn't win, and I agree with your mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness I can't believe you didn't win - these are beautiful and so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehe what a clever idea Linda! Ten points to you! :D This has so much potential for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are adorable! They look like something straight out of a Doctor Seuss book :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. *squee!* Am a sucker for all things pink, and so I totally adore the pink version. They're so clever, it's a real shame that you didn't get the recognition :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, these are gorgeous. You are very talented! I love the pink version. Definitely my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love, love, love the bright happy yellow skewers, love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your mom(mum) is 100% correct!

    ReplyDelete